Where are you from?
I am from mainland China.
What would you like to tell about yourself?
I started my master study in September 2009 in Tampere University of Technology. During the two-year international master program, I worked in the FAST-lab (Factory Automation and System Technology) as a research assistant. Through this experience, I not only gained more professional knowledge, but also obtained a lot of financial support from the lab. I made a lot of lovely friends here, with many of whom, I am still keeping close contact now.
After graduation, I started my life in Netherlands because of my boyfriend (now husband). We are quite enjoying our life here in Netherlands, but very often, I miss all the great moments I had in Tampere.
Why is Tampere the best place to live?
1. Education resources: good universities, helpful staffs and well-organized system, they all make education resources easily accessible.
2. Beautiful environment: in winter, you can just jump into your equipment and start skiing in front of your door. Go ice-fishing on the frozen lake. In summer, the lake is clean and still like a big mirror, you can do BBQ using the wood picked in the forest. It is an extremely comfortable place to live.
3. International atmosphere: every semester, hundreds of young students coming from countries all around the world make this city vivid and colourful. Festivals theming on food, movies, cultures or even costumes from different continents make this city friendly.
4. Working opportunities in high-tech internationally-famous company.
Tell about your professional activities?
I am working as a Global Advance Manufacturing Engineer in Inalfa Roof System Group in Netherlands. It is one of the biggest sunroof suppliers in the world. My focuses are mainly:
1. Input for sale during quotation phase (on Bill of Labour and Equipment investment)
2. Feedback potential design improvement to roof design department from manufacturing perspective
3. According to the agreed design, FMEA output, agreed budget and Bill of Labour, create process flow and the equipment specification.
4. Contact machine builder supplier for quotation to the machines/lines for the product
5. Keep track on:
a. Manufacturing Bill of Labour
b. Capital investment
c. Invoice approval
d. Product change impact
6. Line validation (for quality and speed) and supplier management
What is your involvement in international activities?
As a Global Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, I am also part of standardization team. The task is mainly on:
a. Manufacturing technology standardization
b. Process-related product design standardization
c. Component standardization
It applies to all factories (China, Mexico, USA, Europe, Korea, etc)
What is your mission as a Tampere - All Bright! Ambassador?
1. From my professional aspect, I want to look for the possibility of cooperation in manufacturing technology area.
2. From my personal aspect, I want to promote Tampere for the purpose of education, travel and working. On Chinese biggest social network called Weibo, I have more than 13K followers, my focus is now mainly on food, travel and shopping. I want to use it as a tool for this mission.
What potential do you see for Tampere in the future?
Unique and attractive place for students, investors, artists and travelers.
Link with Bo on LinkedIn >>
Want to become an ambassador? Here's how: Become an Ambassador